How to become Digital Marketing Expert
Digital Marketing is today’s need and every organization required it. Time has changed so customer spends more time over internet compare to other media like TV, Radio, and Hoardings. So advertisers are also forced to follow this trend and publish their advertisement over internet. But Digital marketing is not as simple as traditional media was; it required lots of logic and business understanding and analytics skills for getting a successful marketing campaign. This is the reason it is advisable to have an in-house team or experts instead of outsource project outside. It can be the best thing if marketing head, owner, and entrepreneurs know the digital marketing because they are the roots of business.
As Digital Marketing has become very widely famous area and everybody know or want to know about digital marketing. If you are searching it on simply on Google you will get many options for get certificates or learn digital media through University, Colleges program. But this will really works for real projects….I think absolutely NO….this is like cricket “More you practice better can you perform”. You have to start with small – small things and have to execute it. The two things is required to become Digital Marketing Expert is very important
- Lots of reading and implementation
- To have patience
Digital Marketing at initial stage is little bit time consuming but once it start it’s very hard to catch it with results. So let’s start with your small initiative project with small amount for execution with computer with internet.
Kick Start your Digital Marketing Practice with below mentioned points
- Choose a topic you are passionate about and start a blog about it. Invest around 2500 -3000 Rs for domain, hosting and basic design of blog.
- Start to read and research about our topic over internet like SEO, SMO.
- Make some bullet points and start writing the contents take some reference from internet but convert it as per your view and language.
- Install Google Analytics tracking code and see if you are getting some traffic to your blog. Explore Google Analytics….I will publish a small blog regarding to google analytics , its implementations and tracking.
- Link your blog with social media and try to get viral through marketing options provided by facebook, LinkedIn and G+.
- Open an Adwords account and do some keyword research ok keyword planner to see what people are searching for in Google to find information on the topic you are blogging about.
- Write some more topics frequently and publish them on Facebook under your brand name page.
- Promote your page with Facebook advertising. Budget for promotion can be as low as 500 Rs.
- Implement Facebook like box in your blog.
- Embed social sharing buttons in your blog articles. You can do this using WordPress plugins and it is free.
- Make a email database related to your topics try to find right audience through signup page on your blog and integrate it through email. Try to use mail Chimp
- Promote your Facebook page through email marketing and in turn also get more email subscribers from your Facebook page.
- Promote your blog via Adwords. Get started with very low CPC bids. Most new Adwords accounts get a free $100 credit for promotion. If you don’t get it, call Adwords support and they will give you free credits to get you started.
- Sign up for Google Adsense and deploy advertising codes in your blog…money generation program of Google.
- Convert your blog into a mobile friendly blog and create mobile ads in Adwords.
These all activities can be covered within 25-30 days and an hour per day. Once you will start and execute this you will get confidence after watching some result also till time you will get a small experience about your project. Except this you must read about the other components of Digital Media Marketing like
- Search Engine Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Reputation management
- Google Paid marketing PPC
- Email marketing
- WhatsApp marketing
- Web analytic and webmaster
- Mobile Marketing
- Google Adsense
After providing dedicated time and resource to your mini project you will reach the point where you start to understand the basics of Digital Marketing tricks. However this little time will not enough to bring some quality result but still you will find yourself into a position where you can atleast pan your campaign and help people in execution. Digital Marketing is an scientific art which required a lot marketing and business knowledge and implementation guts.
I started digital Marketing before 6 years and we reached the position where it was almost unlike with any digital marketing agency. I have consulted more than 500 + brands included some top brands in Gujarat. I have generated good revenue through my internet marketing skills and all this I learned myself with lots of readings and research.
About the Author
Love Tyagi is an Internet Marketing Consultant and having 7+ years of experience in Digital Marketing. He has consulted more than 500+ big brands and many individual and Political parties for digital marketing. He has also trained many students, job seekers, entrepreneurs, Sales -Marketing people and CEO from different -different companies. He is also speaker and author for Digital Marketing.
January 17, 2019